You can use the Exclude tab to prevent Defraggler from defragmenting certain types of files. This can be useful if, for example, you want to use it quickly and don't want it to spend time defragmenting large movie or audio files.
To exclude certain files from being defragmented:
- In Defraggler, click the Settings menu, and then click Options.
- In the Options dialog box, click the Exclude tab.
- Add files or folders to be excluded by clicking the Add button and filling out the Exclude dialog box as follows:
- To exclude a single file, select File, and then click Browse to specify the file.
- To exclude multiple files on all drives, select All Drives.
- To exclude multiple files on a single drive, select Drive or Folder, and then click Browse to select the drive.
- To exclude multiple files on a single folder, select Drive or Folder, and then click Browse to select the folder. Select whether you want to exclude All Files, or specific File Types (enter file types separated by a | symbol, for example: *.zip | *.rar). Select whether you want Defraggler to exclude files in subfolders of the driver or folder by selecting the Recurse Subfolders check box.
You can add multiple rules for file exclusion.