CCleaner's Scheduling function gives you a simple way to run CCleaner's cleaning function at a later time or without your having to do anything. Go to Options > Scheduling.
How to use Scheduling:
- From the main window, select Options, then Scheduling.
- Click the Enable button to activate the Scheduling function.
- Choose the schedule type (Daily, Weekly, Monthly, or At Login).
- Select the date and time when you want CCleaner to start
- Click Apply to save the schedule.
Daily schedule screen:
Weekly schedule screen:
Monthly schedule screen:
Please ensure that the selected day(s) exist in the selected month(s):
For example, selecting the 31st (and only February) would not be valid and won't allow you to save this schedule.
- CCleaner requires the Windows Task Scheduler service to be running for scheduling to work.
- CCleaner runs as a scheduled Windows task. You can view the task in the Scheduled Tasks applet from the Control Panel.
- There will not be a prompt or pop-up that appears when the scheduled task is being performed; this is done silently.
- This will perform a cleaning as if you had clicked Run Cleaner in the Custom Clean interface, with its specific set of checked Rules. It will not able to force-close browsers that are open at the scheduled time, nor will it perform the tasks in the Speed or Security sections of Health Check.