If you want to schedule a clean at a later time, or if you wish to set CCleaner to run regularly without you having to lift a finger, then CCleaner has a scheduler tool just for this.
To schedule CCleaner to run at specific times:
- From the main window, select Options, then Scheduling.
- Click the “Enable” button to initiate the Scheduling function.
- Choose the schedule type (Daily, Weekly, Monthly, or At Login).
- Select the date and time when you want CCleaner to start
- Click Apply to save the schedule.
Daily Schedule Interface:
Weekly Schedule Interface:
Monthly Schedule Interface:
Please ensure that the selected day(s) exist in the selected month(s) - for instance, selecting the 31st and only February would not be a valid date and so will not allow you to save this schedule.
- CCleaner requires the Windows Task Scheduler service to be running for scheduling to work.
- CCleaner runs as a scheduled Windows task. You can view the task in the Scheduled Tasks applet from the Control Panel.
- Please note that there will not be a prompt or pop-up on screen when the scheduled task is being performed; this is done silently.
- This will perform a cleaning as if you had clicked 'Run Cleaner' in the Custom Clean interface, with its specific set of checked Rules. It will not able to force-close broswers that are open at the scheduled time, nor will it perform the tasks in the Speed or Security sections of Health Check.