Troubleshooting update problems with CCleaner Browser
CCleaner Browser retrieves updates automatically to protect your security and privacy online. To check that your CCleaner Browser version is up to date, follow these steps:
- Click the ⋮ Menu icon in the top-right corner of your CCleaner Browser window
- Select Help and About CCleaner Browser
- Select About CCleaner Browser
You can see your version number here, as well as if the software is up to date.
If CCleaner Browser is having problems retrieving updates, you might see one of the following error messages:
- Update failed: Updates are disabled by administrator.
- Update failed (Error 3 or 11): An error occurred while checking for updates: Update server not available.
- Update failed (Error 4 or 10): An error occurred while checking for updates: Update check failed to start.
- Update failed (Error 7 or 12): An error occurred while checking for updates: Download failed.
- This computer will no longer receive CCleaner Browser updates because Windows XP and Windows Vista are no longer supported: CCleaner Browser may not be able to keep itself updated.
You might also see other error messages that mention Update failed. To resolve the issue, follow the steps below:
Download CCleaner Browser again
It's possible that some files are missing on your computer. To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Log in to Windows as a user with administrator permissions.
- Uninstall CCleaner Browser.
- Make sure your PC meets the minimum system requirements for CCleaner Browser.
- Reinstall CCleaner Browser.
Reboot your device
CCleaner Browser may not have completed its update. Try restarting your device, then check whether your CCleaner Browser version is up to date by following the steps described at the start of this article.
Check for malware
Unwanted malware might stop CCleaner Browser from updating correctly. Scan for harmful software using Avast Antivirus, or another reputable antivirus of your choice.
For detailed information about scanning your PC with Avast Antivirus, look below.
Scanning your PC for viruses with Avast Antivirus
If you don't have Avast Antivirus installed on your PC, click the link below to download it: