Defraggler will run on any PC running Microsoft Windows XP or later. If you're running one of the following operating systems, you're set to run Defraggler:
- Windows 10 (all editions, including 64-bit)
- Windows 8 & 8.1 (all editions, including 64-bit)
- Windows 7 (all editions, including 64-bit)
- Windows Vista (all editions, including 64-bit)
- Windows XP (Home, Professional, Media Center, Tablet Edition, 64-bit)
- Windows 2003 and 2008 Server (all editions)
Defraggler is a small, efficient program, so there are no minimum memory or hard drive requirements.
- Defraggler can defrag NTFS and FAT hard drives, as well as exFAT format USB drives. However, we do not recommend that you defrag USB drives that have not been formatted as exFAT. Generally, they will not benefit by being defragmented and theoretically defragging can shorten their lifespan.
- Since the data on CDs and DVDs is read-only, you cannot defrag these drives either.
- For Windows 2000, we recommend Defraggler Version 1.
- Defraggler does not support macOS or Linux.