Cleaning the Registry for a network, group, or endpoint:
- Run the audit procedure described in this topic.
- Change any settings you want on the Registry tab in the right pane (see below).
- Select Fix Registry Issues in the right pane. For networks and groups, you will be prompted to confirm the procedure.
Registry Cleaning Rules:
You can specify which Registry items CCleaner cleans or leaves alone for a Group or an Endpoint using the check boxes on the Registry tab:
- ActiveX and Class Issues - Removes invalid entries for COM/ActiveX object that refer to a non-existing files.
- Application Paths - Removes entries for registered application paths that no longer exist.
- Applications - Removes invalid entries for non-existent programs.
- Fonts - Removes invalid entries for fonts that no longer exist in the Windows Fonts folder.
- Help Files - Removes entries referring to help files that no longer exist.
- Installer - Removes unnecessary uninstallers or the remnants of left over uninstallations.
- Missing Shared DLLs - Removes entries for libraries which are shared by multiple programs but no longer exist.
- MUI Cache - Removes invalid entries from a cache of recently run programs.
- Obsolete Software - Removes entries for applications that are no longer installed.
- Run At Startup - Removes entries for Startup applications that no longer exist.
- Start Menu Ordering - Removes entries for Start menu application that no longer exist.
- Type Libraries - Removes invalid entries for type libraries that refer to non-existing files.
- Unused File Extensions - Removes entries for file extensions that are no longer associated with applications.
Restoring Registry entries:
CCleaner Network backs up the Registry entries it removes from each Endpoint in .REG Registry files.
- Log on to the endpoint as an administrator.
- Navigate to the Backups folder:
- C:\Program Files\CCleaner Network\Endpoint Agent\Backups OR
- C:\Program Files (x86)\CCleaner Network\Endpoint Agent\Backups (64-bit)
- Double-click the .REG file you want to restore, or right-click the file and click Merge.
- You are prompted to confirm the operation. Select Yes.
Note: CCleaner Network only backs up registry entries from the last 5 cleans.
This product is no longer available for sale, but you can find more about our other tools. If you are a CCleaner Network customer, we've notified you about this change via email. For help, you can contact us on: email@example.com