Before you clean (or defragment) a network, group, or endpoint, we recommend that you run an audit (or analysis) to determine their health. This allows you to prioritize the actions you are going to carry out.
- Analyzing a network, group, or endpoint
- Cleaning a network, group, or endpoint
- Drilling down into an endpoint 's results
Analyzing a network, group, or endpoint:
- In the Network Tree, right-click the network, group, or endpoint.
- Point to CCleaner, and then select Analyze.
- If you are analyzing a network or group, CCleaner Network will display a confirmation dialog box, since the process can take some time. Select OK.
The clean score for networks, groups, and endpoints can be found in the Health section of the right pane. If you have CCleaner Network Professional (which includes Defraggler), there will also be a number for fragmentation.
Cleaning a network, group, or endpoint:
- Run the audit procedure as described above.
- Change any settings you want on the Cleaner tab in the right pane (see below).
- Click Clean in the right pane. For Networks and Groups, you will be prompted to confirm the procedure.
You can customize what CCleaner cleans in the following manners:
- To include or exclude files and folders for the cleaning process, see the Include topic and the Exclude topic.
- To choose to keep certain cookies, see this topic.
- To change how secure the cleaner's deletion is, see this topic.
Drilling down into an endpoint's results
When you select Analyze or Clean in the Cleaner section of CCleaner Network, you'll see the Summary Results pane (you will have to drill down to an endpoint if you audited a network or group).
- To clean a specific item right from the analysis list, right-click the item and then select Clean.
- To save the list to a text file, right-click anywhere in the pane, and then select Save to text file…
- To see all files in a category (such as Safari - Cookies), right-click that category, and then select View detailed results. This displays the Detailed Results section.
The Detailed Results pane displays a list of files which will be deleted.
- The detailed results are for the category in the upper-right-hand corner (in this case, "Windows Explorer - Recent Documents"). To view detailed results for another category, select a category from the drop-down box.
- To sort the list by description or by size, select the Description or Size headers.
- To save a log of all of the detailed results, right-click any item in the list, and then select Save to text file…
- To return to the summary results pane, select View summary results.