Installing in One-to-One Mode:
For small networking environments with a single Network Admin or no local servers.
The Management Console and the Management Service are installed on the same host. This is the default action for the installer, so no additional configuration is necessary by the user.
- Log on to the endpoint as an administrator.
- Download the installer from this link
- Double click the installer and follow the default settings.
Installing in Many-to-One mode:
For larger networks with multiple Network Admins and a local server.
This setup involves installing the Management Service onto a local server, and then installing the Management Console onto each of the Administrator's endpoints. The multiple Management Consoles can then connect to the Management Service from any endpoints on the network, or remotely via VPN.
- Select the endpoint to host the Management Service. We recommend that this is on the same physical network as the endpoints you plan to optimize with CCleaner Network, as VPNs can add additional communications issues.
- Start the installer on this endpoint and on the second screen select Install Management Server only.
- Follow the prompts and your network setup is now complete.
- From each endpoint where you wish to administer your network, start the installer, and select Install Management Console only.
- Follow the prompts until installation is complete.
- You now need to register each Console with your Management Service. Instructions are available here.
Installing in Many-to-Many mode:
For managing multiple Networks or sites.
This is same as the above "Many-to-one" setup except it adds multiple Management Services. In this case you will need to install a Management Service onto a server within each network. The benefit is that a single Management Console can simultaneously connect to every site, and can manage them all from a single point. We recommend this approach for Managed Service Providers and Enterprise deployments.
Setup in this mode is the same as in Many-to-one, but you will need to complete step 6 multiple times, once on a server on each network.