We explain what Custom Clean's detailed results function is, how it works, and how to use it. If you only want to know how to use it and nothing else, skip to How to use the detailed results function further below.
Note: We recommend reading Custom Clean's analysis and results function before viewing this page.
What is the detailed results function?
1. Where you can find it:
If you open the CCleaner app and go to Custom Clean, you're presented with two options: Analyze or Run Cleaner. Choosing one of these options either displays a pre-cleaning file analysis screen (if you click Analyze) or a post-cleaning results screen (if you click Run Cleaner). Both these screens show a list of different types of files that CCleaner has either analyzed or cleaned. Clicking one of the items in the list (e.g., Windows Explorer - Thumbnail Cache) opens the detailed results screen (displayed in the screenshot below).
2. What it is for and how it works:
The detailed results function allows you to see specific individual files that CCleaner has identified and or cleaned from apps and other parts of your computer. It offers more detail than Custom Clean's standard analysis or results screens.
What is Custom Clean?
Custom Clean is a function within CCleaner that allows you to customize how the app cleans different parts of your PC, such as your operating system and applications (like web browsers).
Here is an example of Custom Clean's detailed results function.
How to use the detailed results function:
- The detailed results (in the screenshot) are for the category Windows Explorer - Thumbnail Cache, and this label is displayed in the search bar/ drop-down box in the top right-hand corner of the screen. To view detailed results for another category or app, select a category or app from the search bar/ drop-down box. To see detailed results for all categories, click the red X.
- To sort the list by description or by size, click the Description or Size labels at the top of the list.
- To see a specific item in Windows Explorer, right-click it, and then click Open containing folder. (Note: not all files can be viewed this way)
- To exclude an item, right-click it in the detailed results screen, and then click Add to Exclude List. It will then appear on the Exclude List in the Options section.
- To save a log of all of the detailed results, right-click any item in the list, and then click Save to text file.
To return to Custom Clean's results screen, click Advanced Report.