CCleaner for Android makes app management quick and easy with its App Manager tool.
Accessing the App Manager:
From the main screen, open the navigation drawer by tapping the three horizontal lines in the top left corner and tap App Manager.
The navigation drawer can also be opened by swiping your finger from the left side of the screen towards right.
What the App Manager Screen Shows:
In the App Manager, you will find three app lists: Installed Apps, System Apps, and Disabled Apps. You can swipe left and right to switch between the lists.
It’s important to understand the difference between these lists:
- Installed Applications shows apps you have installed. You can uninstall these apps whenever you like.
- System Applications shows apps installed by the device manufacturer. CCleaner cannot completely remove these, but it can reclaim space by removing updates and additional data.
- Disabled Applications shows disabled pre-installed Google Play system apps on your device. Unfortunately, CCleaner cannot completely remove these applications.
At the top of each screen, you will see the total storage space being used by the apps on your device. Each app listing you see is called an app 'card'.
You can tap on an app card to expand the details about the app. Tap app card again to hide this information.
Sorting the List:
The app cards in each list can be sorted to make them easier to manage.
At the top right hand side of the CCleaner for Android interface, tap the Filter icon. You can then choose from two filter options:
- Sort by package size, which is handy if you are looking for the biggest space savings.
- Sort alphabetically, which is most useful if you want to find and remove a particular app.
Selecting and Removing Apps:
CCleaner for Android helps you to free space on your device by removing unwanted apps.
- To remove one app, tap the checkbox on the right hand side of the app card. Then tap Uninstall at the bottom of the screen.
- To remove several apps, tap multiple checkboxes. Then, tap Uninstall at the bottom of the screen. This will queue your apps to be uninstalled.
Note that the Uninstall function will only take effect in one list at a time. If you select checkboxes in both the Installed Applications and System Applications lists, CCleaner for Android will only uninstall apps from the list that is visible.