Note: this article is relevant to version 1.18.30 of CCleaner for Mac and below.
You can also find helpful information about the latest version of our macOS app.
To help with investigations, it is helpful to provide a debug log from the issue.
To do this:
- Go to Applications > Utilities. Open Terminal
- In the Terminal dialog box, type: "open /Applications/CCleaner.app --args -debug". Press Enter
- The application will start in debug mode
- Now, use the application normally to recreate the issue you are reporting
- Once finished, please close the application
- A log file will be created on your Desktop in the format: ccleaner_[date].log. Please then send this file in to us.