Deployment of CCleaner Network Endpoint Agent via Group Policy requires that the Administrative Shares (C$, Admin$) be enabled on the remote host.
If you are trying to deploy to Windows Vista or later, then you will need to enable these, as by default they are disabled.
If you wish to use remote deployment, but you are not able to enable the Admin Shares, then you can work around this by adding a registry entry to the remote host.
- Click the Start menu
- In the search box, type "regedit" and click "regedit.exe".
- Navigate to: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\system\
- Click Edit > New > DWORD Value
- Rename it "LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy" (Capitalization is important here)
- Double click it, give it a value of 1, and click OK.
Once you reboot the system the shares will visible.
This product is no longer available for sale, but you can find more about our other tools. If you are a CCleaner Network customer, we've notified you about this change via email. For help, you can contact us on: email@example.com