You can set up Defraggler to run automatically in the background, by setting up a scheduled task:
- From the main window, select Settings, and then click the Schedule option.
- Select the drive you want to schedule Defraggler to defragment from the Drive drop-down box.
- Check Schedule defragmentation for chosen volume.
- In the Period area, choose how often you want Defraggler to run (once, daily, weekly or monthly) or when (at Startup, at Logon, when idle).
- Select the date and time when you want Defraggler to start.
- If you want to add a scheduled entry for another drive, repeat Steps 3 to 6, selecting the new drive from the Drive drop-down box.